Buffalo Allies of Bozeman is a consensus-based grassroots organization in the Bozeman, Montana area focused on:
- stopping the slaughter and hazing of Yellowstone’s wild buffalo herds;
- promoting the expansion of free-roaming buffalo outside of Yellowstone National Park
- conserving the natural habitat of the buffalo herds;
- allying with and giving solidarity to groups working on related missions; and,
- supporting a diversity of strategies and tactics to achieve the previous tenets of our mission.
We meet most every Wednesday evening at 7 PM at Montana State University's Strand Union Building (student union) in the 2nd floor cafeteria in the NW corner. Everyone friendly to our mission is welcome to attend and participate in the meetings.
Because we work by consensus, we have no formal leadership. Instead, we all roam together as we take action for the buffalo. So, unlike some environmental groups, we depend upon the direct participation of the public - truly grassroots.
We were founded in April 2008 during the greatest slaughter of buffalo since the 19th century. With your help and with the help of other groups friendly to the buffalo, we will work so that this never happens again.
If you want to stay informed, please consider joining our e-mail listserves.